A Complete Year 1-6+ Informative Text Literacy Series.
WorldWise is a high-interest literacy program consisting entirely of informative texts covering key topics from pre-school to upper primary.
- Develops strategies and skills appropriate to the stage and level of the reader.
- Assists in the development of strategies and skills to navigate a range of informational text types.
- Promotes inquiry, questioning and research.
- Provides opportunities to go beyond the information in the text.
- Includes a range of graphical devices that enhance the information in the text.
- Has a strong link to writing where students are encouraged to synthesize the information in the text and to respond with their own thinking and ideas.
- Promotes reading, thinking and talking at the conceptual level.
- Provides Blackline master activities that encourage students to read the text again and support purposeful, independent work.
- Recognises the importance of vocabulary in understanding and processing information.
- Is linked to the Science Curriculum – therefore providing a cross-curricular resource for Science/STEM related topics.
- Offers teachers flexibility: small group, partner, independent work.
- Content that will immediately engage students and reflect the diversity of the world students live in.
- Links to the science curriculum (natural, physical and earth sciences).
- Each title has a focus on a particular reading comprehension strategy.
- Graphical devices and striking photographs to support the content and provide platforms for the teaching of reading comprehension of non-continuous texts.
- A variety of text types.