With each title clearly linked to the science curriculum, this is a high-interest literacy program that encourages inquiry and questioning while extending knowledge in science and a range of STEM topics linked to the curriculum.
The literacy program teaches reading strategies simultaneously with natural, earth and physical science concepts. Lesson Plans for each text establish a reading focus with explicit links to the science curriculum.
Students will develop strategies and skills to read informative texts across a range of text types while they learn to become informative text writers.
- Links to the science curriculum( natural, physical and earth sciences ).
- Content that will immediately engage students and reflect the diversity of the world students live in.
- Graphical devices and striking photographs to support the content.
- Research opportunities with Find out more and Think about boxes.
- Texts that introduce and revisit themes and concepts across the reading stages, and build on initial concepts with increasing complexity.
- A variety of text types.
- Digital support – WorldWise Investigations and Formative Assessment